Saturday, September 12, 2015

Different Wooden Sign Techniques

Since I enjoyed making the wooden sign for our bedroom so much, I decided to jump into this hobby head first.  I asked Mike to not get rid of any of the scraps from our barn building project, and took apart an old entertainment stand for supplies. 

The first thing I tried was making something to hang on our front door for fall.  I found a wooden pumpkin sign at Joann's for about $10.  After researching the PVPP method, I painted it white first.  Then I used my silhouette software to make a Moroccan pattern with the duplicate function.  After cutting my stencil I placed it on the wooden pumpkin.  I then paint over the whole thing with orange paint.  In order to prevent the paint from peeling when I removed the vinyl, I quickly removed it before the paint could dry.  I then took a wooden "W" I found at Joanns, and after painting it white, I hot glued it to the middle of my sign. 

Ta da!  Switching up the wreath on my front door.

Next project coming up, a welcome sign for my front porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment