Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A Visit with the Rheumatologist

Today was finally my appointment with Dr M.  I actually liked him.  He was very straight forward, but not in a rude way.  Though he asked what my OB thought was causing the MCs and I said bad luck, he said that was the best scenario.  I don't agree.  A simple fix would be the best scenario.  But I digress.

He started off the appointment looking at all the labs I already had drawn.  He asked if Dr H has mentioned putting me on prednisone and when I said no that was kind of the end of it.  I'm going to bring it up to Dr H next time I am able to talk to him at work.  He tested all my joints and my strength, which I did fine of.  The only other symptom I have that matches lupus besides the ANA is a sore on the roof of my mouth.  He ordered a bunch of labs, some that already were drawn, to rule out an auto immune problem.  He also said sometimes normals with come back as abnormal or vice versa which multiple draws, so I'm curious to see if anything else shows up.  Still hoping irrationally for that simple fix.  He said I don't fit the typical mold of a lupus patient, which I already knew. 

The cool thing about his office is that they have a lab right there so I was able to get drawn right after my appointment.  My name was messed up so hopefully I don't have to deal with lost tubes again.  He told me 3 weeks wait for results, but the tech said 10 days.  I like 10 days a lot better.  He did say he would call me if anything funky showed up.  But I doubt he would unless it was something huge like my PT/INR was messed up.  So 15 tubes of blood later, I'm sitting here eating some broccoli and rice with no more answers than I had when I woke up today.  TTA is starting to really suck.  Hopefully we will get some answers between this next appointment and when I see Dr S on the 24th.

ETA:  In case I want to look back....this is what he ordered. 
CMP, RPR, CBC, CRP, ESR, FREE T4, TSH, ALDOLASE, CPK, PT/INR, PTT, ANA PANEL 9, CHROMATIN AB, ANTI NUCLEAR AB, ANA BY IFA, RHEUMATOID FACTOR, CCP, CH50, C3, C4, THRYOGLOBULIN AB, MICROSOMAL AB, LUPUS ANTICOAG, BETA 2 GLYCOPROTEIN, ANTI CARDIOLIPIN AB

No comments:

Post a Comment